Sign in to follow this  
Stevo443

Hi there! Newbie here with epic vandal problems

Hi everyone!

I'm Stephen, 24, from New Zealand.

I'm a dairy farmer and owner of a military museum in our small town, which houses an extensive collection of WWII memorabilia.

Unfortunately, our small town has a large youth vandal problem. This ranges from spraypaint/graffiti, to verbal abuse and broken windows/drunken mayhem.

There has been a large spree in our town recently, which prompted me to consider installing cameras. I was hooked instantly!

I went for ubiquiti unifi 720p bullet cameras. They have served me very well. I started out with 3 and once the youth got onto the fact that the cameras were there, they took it as a challenge to break them. Two were smashed within the first week of them being there (19-22sept), but they are hardy and they still work, Albeit that one of them no longer has a frontal casing.

Here's some footage of one of them being smashed:

Here's another video from just recently of some tagging (go to 8:10). He used pretty purple paint:

I now have seven cameras on that site and they're all up high and cover any entrance to the property as well as covering the backs of the other cameras.

I've ordered a grandstream GXV3674_FHD_VF for at home on the farm, but I don't know how that will go.

I'm looking forward to asking and answering questions on here. CCTV Forum looks like an excellent community and I hope to learn a lot and contribute what I can.

See you around