gingaboy34

Help Please -Clone backup HDD from Qvis dahaua 2.6060.0018.0

Hi

Looking to get some help on cloning a HDD from the above system as a recording day was not showing on the system and was within the 28 days of material. Drive is Samsung 2tb HD204UI and looking to clone this so it can be looked to see if the incident and data is still there and can be recovered.

Already tried to attach the drive to windows PC which shows the drive at boot up but when trying to clone the drive using acronis True image premium it is not shown as drive.

I gather it is not in the correct format or has not been initialized, how and what is the best way to clone the HDD and then to be able to view and try and recover this data?

Much appreciated

Why clone?

Use Dahua DiskPlayer.

You initialize your disk under Windows or not? If yes - it's thery bad!

On the other hand, there are some models of DVR Dahua, where you can select or enable the internal mechanism of a duplicate disk, as far as I understand.

But I recommend you use the DiskPlayer!

Hi

The reason i am trying to clone the disc is that a friend who has a a shop is trying to locate recordings that are not showing through the dvr system even though by date it should have them on it.

I have not initialized the disc with windows and the reason it was taken out of the system was because it would continue to over write and record and there was a worry that it would be lost if it was still attached.

The disc shows as unpartioned on linux live cd and nothing else has been done to it so wondered if it was recorded in raw format with no file structure so trying to clone to an external HDD of same size using dd.

So that then work can take pace on the cloned disc without compromising the orginal HDD.

Tried to get exact model of system but software is QVIS but i gathered these are manufactured by dahau.

What is the normal format of the HDD when used on these CCTV systems?

Any further advice or help would be appreciated?

Thanks

If you want to keep the old records, that temporarily put another drive, and with your desired video download through DiskPlayer

Forget about the connection to Linux, or any data manipulation.

No other means for viewing data. Or should step to copy all the data from the disk into a big file and cut his hand.