Sign in to follow this  
Richard1982

Picture Interference

Hi, I hope someone can help me out.

I have bought a 8 camera cctv DVR system from ebay

(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/900TVL-8-Channel-1TB-CCTV-DVR-Outdoor-Camera-HDMI-Home-Video-Surveillance-System-/141392956671?pt=UK_CCTV&var=&hash=item20ebad4cff)

It is running with a total of 8 cameras, 7 of them are running from 18 meter pre-made cables and 1 with a set of balun's

(http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=212_305&products_id=6986) with about 10 meters of cat6

I have checked all the cables, wiring and cameras but the camera on the balun gives me a very bad picture, but only at night, in the day time it is fine.

Any advice on this would be great!

1058896175_cctvday.thumb.jpg.7e9c6722c40a5eecb2388888719ed751.jpg

1746453067_cctvnight.thumb.jpg.e7e03200babfbff458c2870849256a32.jpg

Sympomatic of a camera struggling to cope with the low light. Could be from the AGC introducing noise or from an under-rated power supply failing to cope with the IR power requirements.

Hi, Thanks for the advice, The power supply is a shared 12V 4A for 4 cameras, I would of though this would have been enough, I also have another camera right next to this one, pointing to the right, it is on a pre-made cable and does not give any trouble at all.

I am only using a single twisted pair for power brown 12V + and brown/white 12V -, could that be giving me voltage/current drop and causing this trouble when the IR kicks in? as I didn't even think about it, I will try to use brown & brown/white for 12v + and blue & blue/white for 12v - and post my outcome. Thanks

I am only using a single twisted pair for power brown 12V + and brown/white 12V -, could that be giving me voltage/current drop and causing this trouble when the IR kicks in? as I didn't even think about it, I will try to use brown & brown/white for 12v + and blue & blue/white for 12v - and post my outcome. Thanks

Us the 3 remaining pairs for power...! Of course that might be the problem.

It doesn't even look like the camera is turning on the IR leds. Walk up to the camera at night, you might see that the leds do not even turn on.