csheff

Picture problems Grass looks white- 720p camera

I have a 4ch zmodo 720p camera system at my home. I have three cameras hooked up and all worked as expected initially. Now one camera lookout out into my backyard is showing all grass (and any other green colors) as white. All other colors seem to be ok if not a little faded. Does anybody know the cause or fix to this? I am new to these cameras and would appreciate the help. I have attached a picture that shows the yard and it looks like it is covered in frost or snow!!

Update: Okay so its definitely not a color setting (hue, saturation...). I found out that if I put my hand over the camera and cover it completely and then uncover it the color adjusts back to normal for the rest of the day (I can hear the IR filter click in and out of place...im assuming this is normal). Once night falls it switches to IR and when morning comes the picture shows nice white grass and trees. I have not tried unplugging the Ethernet cable from the NVR system yet and I will try that tomorrow morning. Either way I shouldn't have to constantly reset the camera. Something is not adjusting automatically as it should.

IMG_0884.thumb.PNG.95a392bc8da4887a5f7ae2097355303e.PNG

Edited by Guest

I snow your didn't just suggest that! (see what I did there?!) Surely not snow when the picture was taken but now its all snow covered.

You've tried power cycling the camera by unplugging everything from the camera? That would be the first thing I would try. Seems like the white balance correction is having issues maybe. Or maybe you could take it to one of your other camera locations and try plugging it in there to rule out cabling?

Okay so its definitely not a color setting (hue, saturation...). I found out that if I put my hand over the camera and cover it completely and then uncover it the color adjusts back to normal for the rest of the day (I can hear the IR filter click in and out of place...im assuming this is normal). Once night falls it switches to IR and when morning comes the picture shows nice white grass and trees. I have not tried unplugging the Ethernet cable from the NVR system yet and I will try that tomorrow morning. Either way I shouldn't have to constantly reset the camera. Something is not adjusting automatically as it should.

If camera settings have been ruled out, I've seen outdoor lighting cause this kind of problem. On residences, it's usually a result of lighting from neighboring homes being inside the camera's angle of view. You may want to try angling the camera completely away from any lighting for a night to see if it make any difference.

Pointed away from street light and results were the same. Some days it does work fine and others the grass is white. Here is a picture of how I found my camera this morning. I can reset by covering it up but each morning something is off.

278269229_ScreenShot2014-12-08at7_25_36AM.thumb.jpg.0e40d34b66fb97de0eb1d78d8fd4a6ec.jpg

It's a Zmodo system, all these other installers should have already told you that the problem is not settings or anything that you are doing wrong, the IR filter is not disengaging and turning into day mode automatically, the sensor is probably on it's way out. Contact Zmodo and switch the camera, or better yet, buy something better, Zmodo is complete junk.