Sign in to follow this  
aurmol

Dome maximum tilt angle

When I initially get the 5mp dahua. I chose the dome (the vandal proof ik10 version with glass at middle). But being first time to choose a dome, I realized you can't move it to all angles. For example. I planned to use it at the top part of wall at a corner. It can't be adjusted to view the side. So are domes just designed for ceiling where you have to choose the target and fixed it there? But even if so, what is the maximum vertical tilt angle possible in dome?

In the 5mp, it seems 45 degrees vertical is the maximum you can adjust as the lens can hit the side of the glass. But I want to be able to image the farther area.. do other domes can do say 20% below horizontal?

There is another kind of dome, or the eyeball type so you can rotate the lens to any angle.. but how about this one that I plan to order (but can't exchange anymore).. http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdbw4300e-603.html Is the inside just pan and tilt? or can you change the angle rotation of the lens to put this at top of wall in corner and aiming it at the sides? Thanks.

Domes are really designed to be mounted on a horizontal surface not vertical. They can be mounted vertically but with limitations as you've discovered. Same goes for eyeball cams

Domes are really designed to be mounted on a horizontal surface not vertical. They can be mounted vertically but with limitations as you've discovered. Same goes for eyeball cams

3 Axis dome works well on the wall

Eyeball is easier to adjust because it has 3 axis. You can rotate the lens ball while aiming it at the sides. The dome with glass is more problematic. There seems to be two kinds of dome. The following has more vertical limit because the glass can block the lens vertical movement. I've seen their internal mechanism.

262031_1.jpg

How about the following. How does the inside look like? Is there more vertical lens adjustment because maybe the glass doesn't block it?

262031_2.jpg

The former has motorized lens adjustment while the latter is fixed.

What are these domes called respectively?

The lower cam is a two axis dome..you cannot properly wall mount it without using a mount...as the others pointed out you need a 3 axis dome or a turret style..

The lower cam is a two axis dome..you cannot properly wall mount it without using a mount...as the others pointed out you need a 3 axis dome or a turret style..

What is the maximum vertical angle of two axis dome? I want to use it on covered parking and also have street view so need the camera to be about 30 degrees from horizontal or 60 degrees from downward to upper (bullets can do any angle but how about this two axis dome)?