soamz1

CCTV Newbie, having few questions

Hi, Im looking for a cctv solution for my home and office.

I was going to buy this, http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Realtime-Security-Surveillance-ELEC-CVK-1004C1/dp/B00JZKAPXI/

FYI, IM very new to cctv, never used it or bought it. This is the first time.

I was just thinking, is there a way we can buy 2 2CH DVR, and use 2 camera with 1 DVR at home and 1 DVR with the other 2 cameras at office ?

If you just want a general image these cameras might work..understand that they are junk, and the image will be poor..if you are looking for a clear image and a system that is easy to install (single cable for power and data) then get an hd IP system. Or at the very least a cvi hd system...start reading the forum and doing research.

If you just want a general image these cameras might work..understand that they are junk, and the image will be poor..if you are looking for a clear image and a system that is easy to install (single cable for power and data) then get an hd IP system. Or at the very least a cvi hd system...start reading the forum and doing research.

Could you please suggest a product from amazon, so I can go through and read the details.

I just need it for basic usage, so it does the job, thats all

Could you please suggest a product from amazon, so I can go through and read the details.

I just need it for basic usage, so it does the job, thats all

What job are you trying to "do"...if you just want to know if someone is in your waiting room or that a car pulled into your driveway, thats one thing...if you want to be able to id someone thats another....go to youtube and compare analog D1 resolution to 1080p...its night and day.

What is your budget?

Bought this to try and understand how everything works.

When I know, what is what and when pocket supports, may be I should go for the HD one

Bought this to try and understand how everything works.

When I know, what is what and when pocket supports, may be I should go for the HD one

Consider that if you want to go to an ip hd system later you will have to rerun cat5/6 unless you run ethernet now and use balluns...otherwise you will be forced to use analog hd like cvi sdi tvi which are limited.

My friend has got a 4 camera setup and he can see the camera wherever he is in any part of the world.

What setup is that ?

What is the term ?

I will then start looking on to Amazon.

The best way to get on with it is to stick your toes in the water and just get on with it.

Okay yes you may have to spend twice but often thats the way to aquire a great system if

you start out with no idea, and in the meantime, you will gain some valuable experience.

At this time what you want isn't anything magnificent, try to better the cameras perhaps.

Once you have had a system for a while you will start to know more about what you

want to improve upon and before you know it you'll understand a lot more than you realized.

4 channel HDMI 960H CCTV DVR (NO hard drive) & 4 600TVL bullet night vision cameras, easy to install, high quality, free E-cloud

Viewable over 3G smartphones/internet, support remote view via smartphone & 3G mobile

TV monitor BNC output & PC monitor VGA output, motion detection recording, email alert when motion detected

Weatherproof housing cameras for indoor/outdoor use, no matter day or night, no matter the weather is like

Sorry ??

Like I said, this is my first ever CCTV purchase experience, so may be Im expecting more help rather than pun filled answers please.

There's no pun in "refer to the bullet points"...

You just quoted me the exact features you're looking for. It's not even hidden.

4 channel HDMI 960H CCTV DVR (NO hard drive) & 4 600TVL bullet night vision cameras, easy to install, high quality, free E-cloud

Viewable over 3G smartphones/internet, support remote view via smartphone & 3G mobile

TV monitor BNC output & PC monitor VGA output, motion detection recording, email alert when motion detected

Weatherproof housing cameras for indoor/outdoor use, no matter day or night, no matter the weather is like

Sorry ??

Like I said, this is my first ever CCTV purchase experience, so may be Im expecting more help rather than pun filled answers please.

Is this not the exact feature and capabilities you're referring to?

Yes, I just want to understand, how its connected.

Like once the DVR is set, does it give you a username, password and port ?

So, we have to connect internet LAN cord to the DVR ?

Is that so ?