Sign in to follow this  
Jaredg21

iDMSS Plus for Iphone not recording

Hi Everyone,

I've finally got my 4 IP camera's setup properly and port forwarded so that my iDMSS plus app on my iphone picks them up when outside my network - thus anywhere in the world. Now im having the problem of the app not recording no matter how I configure each camera in device manager. No records are ever available in "Playback" however I can manually click to record a camera in Live Preview and it will save a vid to Local files. Not sure if this matters but I do not have a physical DVR, just 4 IP camera's that I am connecting directly too with this app.

I have push config enabled and do get the warnings when motion is detected. When I click the warning it takes me right to a live feed - I guess that is correct but when I go to the playback windows I cannot obtain any footage - no records are available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

iDMSS does not record, unless you do it manually like you say. If you want to playback from the cameras, you will have to put a memory card on each camera (if they have a memory card slot), or you will need a NVR to record the cameras.

I have push config enabled and do get the warnings when motion is detected. When I click the warning it takes me right to a live feed - I guess that is correct but when I go to the playback windows I cannot obtain any footage - no records are available.

Well... If you do not have anything that records, it would be quite weird if you did get to playback anything.

Thank you so much for your reply. I sort of had a feeling that maybe iDMSS or even DMSS (pc) would be able to act as a NVR but I see your point.

iDMSS does not. You can take a screenshot or record some video at a given moment. But it is not working 24/7 recording from your cameras, it wouldn't make much sense to record on a mobile phone (very little storage, battery operated, limited bandwidth).

You can use a PC as a NVR. I think Dahua might have free software to do so, but I do not know which one it would be. Maybe Smart PSS can do it? And I am sure many people here can tell you better options, some free, some commercial.

iDMSS does not. You can take a screenshot or record some video at a given moment. But it is not working 24/7 recording from your cameras, it wouldn't make much sense to record on a mobile phone (very little storage, battery operated, limited bandwidth).

You can use a PC as a NVR. I think Dahua might have free software to do so, but I do not know which one it would be. Maybe Smart PSS can do it? And I am sure many people here can tell you better options, some free, some commercial.

Yeah that makes total sense. I do have Dahua's SmartPSS and NVR downloaded on my pc but i think I'll invest in a Dahua NVR system.

Thanks again!