poor_red_neck

Anyone tried the ZOSI Tech Cameras?

My DVR arrives tomorrow, and i know the cameras that come with it are garbage. I'm on a tight budget, doing this a little at a time. I will use the cheap cameras for a month or so and then slowly purchase better ones.

I've been browsing Amazon like crazy, and came across these. Seems to get excellent reviews. If the specifications are truly what it says they are, it's a darn good cam for the price. 700TVL, 1/3" sensor, IR cut. At under $20 with Amazon Prime shipping I'm quite tempted to try one, unless others have used it and say it's no better than what comes with the ZModo DVRs.

http://www.amazon.com/ZOSI-Arrival-IR-LEDs-Security-Waterproof/dp/B00MXILRAE/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1420569507&sr=1-1&keywords=700tvl+camera

Camera main Feature

HD 700TVL Resolution

High-Performance Night Vision

HAD IR-CUT,More Clear/More Real

HD Both day and night,Camera

Cameras provide color video during the daytine, black and white at night

Camera Specification

Image Sensor: 1 /3'' Color CMOS with IR-Cut

Horizontal Resolution: 700TV-Lines

Lens: 4.6mm

IR LEDs Amount: 24pcs, 5mm LEDs

IR Wavelength: 850nm

IR Distance: up to 65ft (20m)

Waterproof Level: IP66

Power Supply: DC12V/500mA

Material: Aluminum casing

Has anyone tried it? Can't seem to find much example footage on youtube of any brand, and none from this brand but it seems to be relatively new.

Looking at their site, it looks like a lot of Longse products, including this camera.

My past experience with Longse was that they made a somewhat decent line of economy products. My current experiences with Longse is that everything they sell has a ridiculously high failure rate; these failures usually occurring within the first few months.

I don't question the performance of their cameras, I just have doubts about their longevity. That camera costs me about $2.80 if I buy it from Longse.

Our company gave Longse a shot several years ago and purchased about $40k worth of cameras. We ended up filing a dispute and getting our money back since everything they sent us was either the incorrect product, falsely advertised product, or just not working. If you're wondering, the cameras all ended up at a local recycling facility.

Looking at their site, it looks like a lot of Longse products, including this camera.

My past experience with Longse was that they made a somewhat decent line of economy products. My current experiences with Longse is that everything they sell has a ridiculously high failure rate; these failures usually occurring within the first few months.

I don't question the performance of their cameras, I just have doubts about their longevity. That camera costs me about $2.80 if I buy it from Longse.

Our company gave Longse a shot several years ago and purchased about $40k worth of cameras. We ended up filing a dispute and getting our money back since everything they sent us was either the incorrect product, falsely advertised product, or just not working. If you're wondering, the cameras all ended up at a local recycling facility.

Good thing I am moving to IP cams in the next month! Hope it lasts that long

Assuming it is Longse (50/50), the only issue I ever heard of with that model was with the IR board. We have another local business who still sells them and I talk to one of their people pretty frequently.

According to him, towards the end of last year, almost every single one of those that they sold had the exact same problem. After running for a couple weeks, half of the IR board would just go dead and the other half would never shut off again. It left you with a black and white camera during the day, and it just sucked at night. He had no explanation as to how it happened. There were hundreds of them that it happened to, and all at different locations. That's a pretty big quality control issue as I see it.

In all fairness, it's a $20 camera. If you get it and it works, cool. If you pay for it and it breaks in a couple weeks, well that's all you can expect with a $20 security camera.

My DVR arrives tomorrow, and i know the cameras that come with it are garbage. I'm on a tight budget, doing this a little at a time. I will use the cheap cameras for a month or so and then slowly purchase better ones.

I've been browsing Amazon like crazy, and came across these. Seems to get excellent reviews. If the specifications are truly what it says they are, it's a darn good cam for the price. 700TVL, 1/3" sensor, IR cut. At under $20 with Amazon Prime shipping I'm quite tempted to try one, unless others have used it and say it's no better than what comes with the ZModo DVRs.

Camera main Feature

HD 700TVL Resolution

High-Performance Night Vision

HAD IR-CUT,More Clear/More Real

HD Both day and night,Camera

Cameras provide color video during the daytine, black and white at night

Camera Specification

Image Sensor: 1 /3'' Color CMOS with IR-Cut

Horizontal Resolution: 700TV-Lines

Lens: 4.6mm

IR LEDs Amount: 24pcs, 5mm LEDs

IR Wavelength: 850nm

IR Distance: up to 65ft (20m)

Waterproof Level: IP66

Power Supply: DC12V/500mA

Material: Aluminum casing

Has anyone tried it? Can't seem to find much example footage on youtube of any brand, and none from this brand but it seems to be relatively new.

They are awesome for the price,

1x 8 Ch. DVR + 4 ZOSi 800TVL Cams + 4x 150' Cable Power supply = $250.00 approx

and the cams are compatible with Qnap NAS Units Mine is a TVS-EC880 Pro Deal Xeon 3.4 Server