Sign in to follow this  
lewsuth

PIR's not working. Disconnected then reconnected to PSU

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to the whole CCTV system and after getting completely ripped off by the last person who fitted one for me I decided to give things ago myself.

But today I came across a problem, i'll explain the system we have at the moment:

16 channel Alien Eko DVR

5 Luminite GX250 PIR sensors

6 NiteDevil CCTV camera's.

One of the camera's wasn't working today so I disconnected it from the power supply and coax and took it into the office so I could use a short piece of Cat5e and test the camera to see if it was the camera or the wiring. Because the only space left on the PSU didn't have a fuse, I removed the fuse from the one which half of our PIR's are hooked upto and into the free space. As I thought, the camera was damaged so I replaced the fuse back with the PIR's and expected everything to work fine. But since I did this the PIR's which were on that port won't pick up a detection. Is there something I need to do to reset them?

The GX250's have a LED inside, which when powered up if you walk past the detection area the LED will light up, but it won't even do this...

Does anyone have an idea? I understand the PIR's should each have their own 12v port but for some reason the fella who fitted my kit has 2 maybe 3 running off one port, which all worked fine until I messed about with the fuse. I thought just fitting the fuse back in it would resume normal service.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help.