Hello, I just got my GeoVision GV-800-4 card installed in my box. I'm trying to view the video with Windows Media Player, so I've set the output to regular MPEG (not the GeoMPEG) but the video runs very fast. I've set the software to max 10fps. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bobby

Hello, I just got my GeoVision GV-800-4 card installed in my box. I'm trying to view the video with Windows Media Player, so I've set the output to regular MPEG (not the GeoMPEG) but the video runs very fast. I've set the software to max 10fps. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bobby

It is because you are using Windows Media Player. It plays the file as if it was recorded at 30fps. You can export the video using Viewlog and use the Viewlog program to view the video at the proper speed. Or you can click on the save AVI button and then choose to save as an "EXE" file which will create and executable file that will open up Windows Media Player and play the file at the correct speed.

Hope this helps.

What he said to a degree, using either ViewLog or Remote Playback, select Save as AVI, then you will be able to view the video in Media Player at its normal recorded speed. It converts it from time lapse to full stream while retaining the time lapse effect.