xavier4or

Known limitation using Avigilon Control Center with HK Camer

Hi. Are there any known limitation using Avigilon Control Center with Hikvision Cameras?

Hopefully this isn’t a controversial topic… I have been researching this question a lot but I can’t find this answer.

I am currently using Hikvision 4200 SW for client viewing and the Storage Server module . For the most part the SW is barely meeting my expectations but it always seems there is just one more SW bug or issue to debug.

So I am thinking about switch to Avigilon Control Center – but I thought I would start with trying to understand if there are any known issues with the ACC with Hikvision Cameras. For example, will I get the motion detection, audio recording, PCNVR, etc features that come with HK iVMS 4200?

Thanks!

Hi. Are there any known limitation using Avigilon Control Center with Hikvision Cameras?

Hopefully this isn’t a controversial topic… I have been researching this question a lot but I can’t find this answer.

I am currently using Hikvision 4200 SW for client viewing and the Storage Server module . For the most part the SW is barely meeting my expectations but it always seems there is just one more SW bug or issue to debug.

So I am thinking about switch to Avigilon Control Center – but I thought I would start with trying to understand if there are any known issues with the ACC with Hikvision Cameras. For example, will I get the motion detection, audio recording, PCNVR, etc features that come with HK iVMS 4200?

Thanks!

Avigilon + HIK

Very hard to beat Combo

Excellent..

So no known limitations between them then?

I was getting ready to install a demo copy but I thought I would double-check first.

Ak357 - since you are a Avigilon Certified Partner - I thought you might know what this means:

This is from the Avigilon website:

http://avigilon.com/support-and-downloads/for-software/supported-cameras-and-encoders/

* Audio and I/O are not currently supported for any 3rd party devices. Motion Configuration is not currently supported for ONVIF devices.

Does this mean I can't record audio? And not sure what Motion Configuration is?

Thanks.

Ak357 - since you are a Avigilon Certified Partner - I thought you might know what this means:

This is from the Avigilon website:

http://avigilon.com/support-and-downloads/for-software/supported-cameras-and-encoders/

* Audio and I/O are not currently supported for any 3rd party devices. Motion Configuration is not currently supported for ONVIF devices.

Does this mean I can't record audio? And not sure what Motion Configuration is?

Thanks.

If you using HIK camera u have to setup motion on camera

works very well

I am looking at the 8 channel Standard or Enterprise edition - but do I need to purchase a separate module for microphone and speaker?

I was looking at various Avigilon modules and noticed 8A-HD-NVMS-ENT (License for 8 microphone channels and 8 speaker channels) for roughly $600.

Thanks guys - appreciate the help with the answers. I would just install the SW and try it out but I am traveling this week...

Last question (hopefully) - will the LPR module with Hikvision cameras doing anything / add extra functionality? I thought you need a special LPR camera...

Thanks again.

Actually just PoS and LPR are extra licenses -

Unlimited Audio channels are now included in Standard and Enterprise software.

That part you listed was for the older 4.x version of ACC

You can use the LPR license also with any camera but there are limitations to the LPR feature when it

comes to how many states you want to look for and what states, speed of the cars, offset angle or overhead mounting, distance, etc..

And presuming that I want to purchase ACC5 (I haven't even installed it yet but since this question is active...)

What is the role of the distributor? Do I get support from them vs Avigilon directly?

And it seems the distributors set their own price vs a std price from Avigilon. So do I just "shop around" looking for the best price?