dcam

Hickvision DS-2CD2412FIW Zoom

Hi , I am trying to find a way to zoom in digitally in live view and playback, I can do this with any other ip cam that I have tried but it doesn't seem to work with this camera. Please somebody tell me that this is possible or I will have to dump yet another camera !!!

D.

Hi , I am trying to find a way to zoom in digitally in live view and playback, I can do this with any other ip cam that I have tried but it doesn't seem to work with this camera. Please somebody tell me that this is possible or I will have to dump yet another camera !!!

D.

What are you using to view the camera?

Wow that was quick !...

iVMS-4200 and Web interface

There is a magnifying glass on the web interface...the bottom right..not sure about ivms

No , that's just for ptz cameras

It must be possible otherwise what is the point of having megapixel cameras if you cant zoom in ?

No , that's just for ptz cameras

It must be possible otherwise what is the point of having megapixel cameras if you cant zoom in ?

No, its not just for ptz cameras....click on the magnifying glass and then click in the screen..

Nope it doesn't work , if you double click, it magnifies it by maybe 2x but that's not what I mean , I mean scrolling in and out should magnify right in until it's pixelated but any its too late for me now I will try again tomorrow with a clear head . Thanks for the replys.

D.

Unfortunately this method works about one time out of 20 which makes it completely useless. Is it the same for all Hikvision cameras even 5 MP cameras, if so I cant see the point in having a megapixel camera if you cant zoom in, does anyone know if they are planning to improve this or have a proper digital zoom using the scroll function on the mouse . It's a pity about this problem as it's about the only thing I dislike about Hik cameras

Unfortunately this method works about one time out of 20 which makes it completely useless. Is it the same for all Hikvision cameras even 5 MP cameras, if so I cant see the point in having a megapixel camera if you cant zoom in, does anyone know if they are planning to improve this or have a proper digital zoom using the scroll function on the mouse . It's a pity about this problem as it's about the only thing I dislike about Hik cameras

You are not doing it correctly it works every time.

try a different browser...or use hikvisions free vms software...

If you dont like the way hikvision handles zoom you can use other software to record, milestone, blue iris etc..

I'm using Firefox , I will try Chrome later , IE is a big no no with me , too many problems, just unreliable. I have tried iVMS 4200 but I need something easy and simple for my clients to use.

To those of you that have similar problems , the solution is to start the rectangle from the top left only , starting from any other point will not work, I have a habit of starting from every other spot but the correct one and occasionally by accident from the top left. I didn't come across this information anywhere in the user manuals. Now that I've found the solution I'm really pleased with the result.

Thanks for the help Securame but I could have done without your last comment, I spend most of my time solving other peoples problems and very often they are pebcak related !

I'm using Firefox , I will try Chrome later , IE is a big no no with me , too many problems, just unreliable. I have tried iVMS 4200 but I need something easy and simple for my clients to use.

Chrome is my current browser of choice, but I could not get it to work with another Hikvision camera model. IE worked fine. You might give it a try.

Thanks for the help Securame but I could have done without your last comment, I spend most of my time solving other peoples problems and very often they are pebcak related !

Sorry about that, but it was indeed pebcak related

Glad you got it sorted out.