kandcorp

2 Way Audio --Need an Amplified Speaker

I am putting together some systems for a check cashing chain. They will all be 12 channel PC based DVR's. We will be utilizing the 2-way audio function for speaking to the lobby remotely via an intercom speaker or similar.

My Question is; Who has used this feature, and what type of speaker or intercom did you utilize. I would assume it would need to be amplified given the PC will not put out enough power from the audio out on MOBO. They will use the on-board sound. Also, the stores do not have an existing intercom system to tie into. So basically it will run from the PC's audio out to the speaker in the lobby for announcements like "Hey, you in the black shirt No Soliciting"

Thanks in advance!

We use Crown PZM11-LL mics in conjunction with an Audiophile ceiling mount amplified speaker with volume control integrated. Works very well. Another option that we have used was to utilize the public display LCD monitors (LCD TV actually) speakers as the inbound audio signal. So basically when you yell "You Are Fired!", it comes across the TV in the lobby or office area and scares the living crap out of whomever is standing within 10 feet of the thing. People helping people, what a wonderful thing..

Scottj