blixio

gv-800 MPEG4/AVI transfer to Mac

Hi all

I want to transfer gv-800 MPEG4 video files to my Mac. I can get the files across but Quicktime just played with a white screen. I installed 3ivx codecs and now it plays with a black screen.

I installed quicktime on the Win machine and it plays the files with a white screen.

Can anyone help?

Is it possible to turn the avi files into true MPEG4 files?

thanks

Hi

Can the Mac play AVI Files?

If so, in View Log or RemotePlayback, once you have selected a recorded video file, stop it and select SAVE AS AVI, this will convert the file to standard AVI.

Alternatively you can use Windows Movie Maker and convert those standard AVIs to WMV.

I imagine you would need a AVI to MPEG4 convertor program if you must have Mpeg4.

What version of the Geo Software do you have and how old is the card?

Rory

Hi Rory

Yes quicktime on Mac can play avi files but it has to have the codec that the avi used. It has MPEG4 and I set geovision to record MPEG4 (other options were wavelet and Geo MPEG4) but quicktime originally thought codec was GEOX then afterr I installed 3ivx codecs it sees them as 3ivx D4.

I'll look at Movie Maker - thanks

Yes a brand new card and version 7.05 software.

I don't have to have MPEG4 but thought since the avi is supposed to be MPEG4 that there may be some way to strip the avi wrapper and leave MPEG4.

Hi

Can the Mac play AVI Files?

If so, in View Log or RemotePlayback, once you have selected a recorded video file, stop it and select SAVE AS AVI, this will convert the file to standard AVI.

Alternatively you can use Windows Movie Maker and convert those standard AVIs to WMV.

I imagine you would need a AVI to MPEG4 convertor program if you must have Mpeg4.

What version of the Geo Software do you have and how old is the card?

Rory

The Mpeg4 is just the compression method, it saves everything as an AVI with the Geo Codec.

I would suggest then when you save as AVI from View Log or Remote Playback, to select "Setting" and "Save as EXE". Though I would try it as Save as AVI first then if it still doesnt work, select the Exe method.

Rory