Sign in to follow this  
byates2

Siamese RG59 cable extender

I have an HD SDI camera system. I am in the process of installing cameras right now and some of the cable is not long enough to reach where i want the cameras.

I was wondering if i can extend the cables i have by attaching 2 cables together using a female inline connector. Is that ok to do or will it degrade the signal. I have 100 foot and i need another 20 ft. I want to be able to buy a 20 foot cable and just attach it to the 100 foot cable. I cant find much info about this on the net so maybe someone here knows!

120' is only getting to the mid point of SDI's operating distance so the total length is not a problem. Every termination will cause about a 0.25dB loss to the signal but if your existing cable/terminations are sound then you should have no problems.

ps- a cable with no joints is ALWAYS the best

120' is only getting to the mid point of SDI's operating distance so the total length is not a problem. Every termination will cause about a 0.25dB loss to the signal but if your existing cable/terminations are sound then you should have no problems.

what do you mean by this "a cable with no joints is ALWAYS the best"? can you describe further or upload a simple picture?

Thanks

what do you mean by this "a cable with no joints is ALWAYS the best"? can you describe further or upload a simple picture?

I will explain it with my crappy english; a 50 meter cable will always be best than 2 25 meter cables with an adapter.

Thanks

thanks securame unbelievable

Thanks

thanks securame unbelievable

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />