nlantto

Accudome PTZ set up and main menu access

I have a pc based DVR system that is capable of 16 cameras and record 240fps. Everything works perfect, except I have a very good camera that I am unable to access any of the preset features on.

The camera is a (accudome) Sony ACD-2500S-C22 Pan-Tilt-Zoom Speed Dome. I have the rs-485 functions set up properly and i can control the pan tilt and zoom features, however I am unable to access any of it preset features.

In the manual, i am prompted to access the main menu by the control keyboard or by the matrix. I assume that the control keyboard is referred to if you have an actual keyboard with a joystick to control the camera. Since my DVR has the PTZ control built into the software program I dont have any external keyboard or joystick controls.

If i knew what the matrix was, i may be able to access that.

I am fairly computer literate, however this is the only DVR experience that i have. From what i gather, the main menu controls should be able to be altered by the on screen menu.

Is there anyway to get to the main menu without an external control keyboard?

Thanks for any advice that you may be able to pass my way.

Nathan Lantto

You need the joystick to program it. We have tried with the Geo Software but it just doesn't work for what ever reason. Just get the $99 unit . If you can't find them we have them on our site.

I did get my cheap controller, and i was able to access the camera menu. I am very happy with the results.

I know that the accudome is a budget camera, but with the junk that is out there I thought for the price it was very reasonable. It was only $580 on ebay. I have seen them priced considerably higher elsewhere.

I am fairly new to this stuff, but have found it to be very challenging and fun at the same time. I get into computers, so anything that requires programing or running wires or wireless systems keeps me interested.

I actually had the thought go thru my head that it wouldnt be a half bad occupation. If I figured I could make a decent living at it, I think i would persue some education to better make myself aware of its potential.

Who knows, it could happen.

Again, thank you for your help. I enjoy the information that you provided.

If you want, you can check out my forums at http://www.cmsaracing.com It is far from CCTV, but it just might get your blood pumping.

Thanks again.

nathan Lantto