sorka

Help me find something as good or better than go1984...

I'm setting up a home video surveillance system. I have 2 Toshiba IK-WB11A IP cameras and two Osprey video capture cards with two Pelco cameras.

I need software that does *ALL* of the following:

1) Reliable.

2) Software motion detection and needs to be efficient and configurable for sensitivity in both size of blobs and rate of change.

3) Needs to have maskable areas of relatively high resolution to mask out things like moving plants.

4) Pre and post recording around motion events by either number of frames or specified time(I don't care which).

5) Alarm event notification: Must be able to launch application for each alarm in each camera or single application with different command line parameters. I need this because I'm writing seperate software in LabVIEW that is integrated with my alarm system and I need to be able to launch instances of VIs through the command line for different cameras.

6) Remote viewing over a browser based inteferace.

7) Video storage maitenance.

Pluses would be: ptz control of IP cameras, alarm on camera lost or disconnect, additional alarm options like playing sounds, sending emails, etc.

Go1984 does all of these, but I'm hesitant to buy the license because it's $850. That in itself is not the problem. The issue for me is that the company, Logiware, is in Germany and they've been very unresponsive to my questions. I think they pretty much ignore the US market, so if I had any major issues, I think I'd be SOL and out $850.

I tried their 2.x based product about 2 years ago and it did everything I needed above except the remote viewing. When they came out with the new product, I was not able to try it because they left cookies from the 30 day trial and didn't think enough that if you didn't buy it back then that you might buy it now given how completely new the product is and changed the cookies so that one could try it again. Oh well.

I'd really rather find a US produced application. I've tried just about everything I can find and so far, nothing has been even close. LuxRiot isn't even in the same league.

I have been testing out some IP software too for almost a year plus including Go1984. PM me & maybe we can share some info.

take a look at LuxRiot, much better than the one you mentioned.

OK, wow, guess you didn't actually read my post. I already mentioned LuxRiot in the first post above. Already tried it. It has *NONE* of the features I mentioned above and has only very basic motion configuration. It's not even close to the current version of go1984 Enterprise edition. Maybe it was compariable to much older versions of go1984 but I need something that can do what go1984 does *now*, not 3 years ago.

Sorry didnt notice the last part ..

I tried both, didnt like the go1984 interface, I could not look at it again. Agreed I didnt use all the features as they were demos, and LuxRiot requires purchasing to enable it completely. I also was testing them for capture cards, not IP cameras. LuxRiot's motion detection feature was impressive though. Neither match up to something like GeoVision though. [EDIT: Though the new version of go1984 looks a bit better than it was a year ago]

Either way, sounds like a job for a Custom App. If it was a new install I would say go with Acti, as they have NVR/DVR software with an SDK, as well as the Cards, and IP cameras or ready built Hybrid Systems.

Another option is to use the Capure Card's DVR software, and some Video IP Decoders to convert the IP cameras for input into the DVR card.

I went to the GeoVision website. Couldn't find anything on features plus it looks likes it a video capture card only type solution. If this is incorrect, please let me know. I really would like to find software that does IP and capture cards. A program to convert the IP to something that a VFW program could use would take up entirely too much CPU to make two 1280x960 and two capture card streams fast enough.

The go1984 demo, even a year ago before the interface redesign allow you to use all features but the program was limited to using for only a month.