jwolf

New to CCTV, some advice?

Evening people

I'm in the market for sorting a CCTV system for my small house. Ideally i'd like two (preferably HD) cameras that are wireless (running wires would be seriously difficult due to room layouts etc) and a base unit that i can record too. Failing a base unit, a cloud service would be fine, as long as i can actually download a copy of the CCTV should i require to.

My other half loves the idea of using our android phones to view the live footage too, especially when away from the property so network capabilities would be brilliant.

Does anyone have anything that comes to mind for a base unit that can fulfill the above? From reading up on CCTV in the last day or two i feel i can source some cameras, but the unit with some software seems to be a minefield!

Many thanks

Evening people

I'm in the market for sorting a CCTV system for my small house. Ideally i'd like two (preferably HD) cameras that are wireless (running wires would be seriously difficult due to room layouts etc) and a base unit that i can record too. Failing a base unit, a cloud service would be fine, as long as i can actually download a copy of the CCTV should i require to.

My other half loves the idea of using our android phones to view the live footage too, especially when away from the property so network capabilities would be brilliant.

Does anyone have anything that comes to mind for a base unit that can fulfill the above? From reading up on CCTV in the last day or two i feel i can source some cameras, but the unit with some software seems to be a minefield!

Many thanks

running ethernet is easier than you think..consult with a professional who runs cable all day..

you can also use power line adapters...

how are you going to run power for the cameras? are they indoor or out..

Start reading up on ip cameras, POE power, etc...

The "base unit" you refer to is an NVR..

Evening people

Many thanks

running ethernet is easier than you think..consult with a professional who runs cable all day..

Amazingly fast reply! Many thanks!

I'd sadly be doing anything myself due to fund constraints of around £300 max.

The cameras would be situated outside near windows on either side of the house thus enabling the power cabling to be ran along the framework to the inside and ease of access for cleaning etc.

Evening people

Many thanks

Amazingly fast reply! Many thanks!

I'd sadly be doing anything myself due to fund constraints of around £300 max.

The cameras would be situated outside near windows on either side of the house thus enabling the power cabling to be ran along the framework to the inside and ease of access for cleaning etc.

Get a camera like the hikvision 2132F-IWS, this is a specific model number that has wifi, sd card, and 3 axis rotation so you can mount it on a wall....This record to the sd card, this way if your wifi craps out you can still record...

These are available on aliexpress

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-New-Arrival-3Mp-Audio-I-O-interface-Alarm-I-O-interface-Mini-Dome-Camera/638300_32229467849.html

You will not have any warranty and these are china region cameras that may pose firmware upgrade issues...you can pay a bit more and get them locally.

Buy one, see how you like it..remember, any camera can be made wifi using a small wifi bridge...

Excellent thank you

I think after researching a lot more since yesterday i'm probably going to have to sort a wired system to the recorder and then a wireless link to our home internet. Hey ho!

Thanks for the response, really helpful

Yes, you can run ethernet system easily only you need to talk with some professionals. It also depends on you wiring systems sometimes.