MattVidionics

PAL recording problem...anything moving 'tears'(photo incl.)

Koditec 2.50.16.0

I am in a PAL (not NTSC) country. My DVR card records images perfectly, but anything moving blurs (the whole moving image appears 'jagged', like the image has been shaken).

If I take a BMP of a frozen image with this problem and run the image through photoshop, I can apply a "de-interlace" filter which perfects the image.

I am sure it is something to do with interlacing, but my DVR software does not have a "deinterlace" option. I remember other software had a "PAL-D" option for deinterlacing, but mine does not.

Check out the images, the passing car and postman are both blurred!

Anyone else have any problems like this, and how did you remedy it?

Thanks for any info.

Mattu1.JPG

u3.JPG

Verify that your VGA board and drivers support DirectX 9.0 as well as De-Interlacing feature. I suggest using an ATI chipset (x550 or better) with Catalyst Drivers (download from ATI website). These drivers use the De-Interlacing controls which we have had success with when running into the same exact issue.

Scottj

Is the Koditec 2.50.16.0 the newest version of the software?

This is not the latest, but due to an older firmware chip on the DVR card, any later version of software does not detect the DVR card.

Verify that your VGA board and drivers support DirectX 9.0 as well as De-Interlacing feature. I suggest using an ATI chipset (x550 or better) with Catalyst Drivers (download from ATI website). These drivers use the De-Interlacing controls which we have had success with when running into the same exact issue

Thanks for your advice. I have downloaded the latest DirectX, although I think I already had it. My VGA card is a reasonable one, but maybe not quite up to the standard that you are mentioning.

I thought that the VGA card is just there to support graphics on the local monitor. If I connect to the DVR using the remote software, the images from any location (on any PC) has the same result. Are you suggesting that the VGA card does some of the processing of the images coming from the PCI-DVR card?

Matt