dethwork

Pelco P&D protocol for IP camera

Dear all,

I have a question from my current project about CCTV control system as below quotes:

"Contractor shall supply many cameras as per Scope of Work, Section 2.4.1 for the Plant Surveillance CCTV system. The supplied cameras shall be displayed, controlled by the CCTV control system which is supplied by others. To interface with the CCTV control system, the following features are required:

All cameras shall be IP camera.

• ONVIF protocol shall be applied.

• FO cable type shall be 4 core single mode.

Control protocol shall be Pelco D&P type.

• Optical type for media converter shall be single mode.

• Connector type for Fiber Distribution Frame (FDF) shall be snap-in connector (SC) type."

It seems to me there is a conflict between "all camera shall be IP camera" and "control protocol shall be Pelco D&P type". As my knownledge, Pelco D&P is only for analogue camera, not for IP camera.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

dethwork

Dear all,

I have a question from my current project about CCTV control system as below quotes:

"Contractor shall supply many cameras as per Scope of Work, Section 2.4.1 for the Plant Surveillance CCTV system. The supplied cameras shall be displayed, controlled by the CCTV control system which is supplied by others. To interface with the CCTV control system, the following features are required:

• Connector type for Fiber Distribution Frame (FDF) shall be snap-in connector (SC) type."

It seems to me there is a conflict between "all camera shall be IP camera" and "control protocol shall be Pelco D&P type". As my knownledge, Pelco D&P is only for analogue camera, not for IP camera.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

dethwork

For Example

Lots of IP PTZ camera can be control by network connection or by RS-485

It means there is no conflict in my above quotes? Pelco P&D protocol can be used for both IP and analogue cameras?

It means there is no conflict in my above quotes? Pelco P&D protocol can be used for both IP and analogue cameras?

Yep

Doesn't make any sense to me. When using IP cameras that RS485 communication does not apply.

It would only apply if you were using a analog PTZ with an IP Encoder.

Many cameras use the Pelco D and P protocol.

Dear all,

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

dethwork

It appears to me there is a mixture of old spec and new spec combined.

For example SC connectors is old school. 99% of everything is LC now.

4 Core Single mode? Do they mean 4 strand?

Doesn't make any sense to me. When using IP cameras that RS485 communication does not apply.

Scott have a look

for example when u use Joystick

PTZ.thumb.jpg.b0999c40ecd4108db1c4ed072f7f40ed.jpg

Scott have a look

So your using an analog joystick with an IP camera. Been there done that. It's impossible to control because of the latency.

Scott have a look

So your using an analog joystick with an IP camera. Been there done that. It's impossible to control because of the latency.

I am not using anything

Just provided example for you