Sign in to follow this  
cypher007

lots of Dahau questions

not sure if this is the correct section but.

ok got some problems:

set it up, not tried the last camera yet. but im finding im getting a faint colour band that wanders across the screen on all cameras.

on one camera im getting some interference bars which are noticeable at night. Ill try putting a new connector on this first.

on another camera im getting a lot of pixel noise and fluctuations in the image brightness again at night.

the dvr is a HCVR5104 not a HCVR5104-V2 as stated in the ebay listing. when looking for new firmware, to see if it fixed some of the issues, it seems the HCVR5104 is an older version of the dvr. is that right?

and last but not least the supplied power adapter nearly melted, I could only just about bear it to quickly unplug it. it was only running the dvr.

ive used rg59 with foil and braided screen.

Your problems seem to have little to do with Dahua. It just seems a case of crappy power supply and/or crappy cabling.

HCVR5104 only allowed 720p@25fps, HCVR5104-V2 also allows 1080p@12fps. Check your encode config, if you can set it at 1080p, it is V2.

thank you for clarifying that for me. it does indeed only go upto 720p. the ebay seller is now offering a refund, as I have just discovered the cameras sent to me are the HAC-HFW1000R with 1/4 sensors not the HAC-HFW1100R with 1/2.9 they listed.

ive tried running the dvr and cameras off some 12V 4A adapters I had with the same problems resulting in image quality.

not sure if this is the correct section but.

***** ive used rg59 with foil and braided screen.

You mean Aluminum braided wire? if so, there's your problem, you need to use copper for CCTV applications

I stand but what I said on my first post.

nope copper core foil shield copper braid foam insulator.

this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100m-ROLL-OF-RG59-2-SHOTGUN-CCTV-CABLE-VIDEO-POWER-SIAMESE-TWIN-HIGH-QUALITY-/180851137885?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a1b915d5d

though the braid is copper not aluminium as in the diagram.

What makes you think it is copper? If you buy aluminum braid, why would you give you copper braid, which is more expensive? Don't think so.

And the bride only has 48x0.12? The cable we use the most has a 112x0.12mm braid.

Buy on the cheap, get cheap results. You purchased the cheapest kit you found around, and then you purchased the cheapest cable you found around. You want better quality? Get better components.

Hi. I would just return it

Main problem first is power supply burnt out soon as used system

eBay rubbish

First over priced .... The cameras are £15 each in the UK

Was system sent .... To be used on UK power ?

You buy security for your house ..... But take away the safety of your house with melting power units

Send it all back and buy from a UK based company

Also eBay is over priced for CCTV

Hi. I would just return it

Main problem first is power supply burnt out soon as used system

eBay rubbish

First over priced .... The cameras are £15 each in the UK

Was system sent .... To be used on UK power ?

You buy security for your house ..... But take away the safety of your house with melting power units

Send it all back and buy from a UK based company

Also eBay is over priced for CCTV

it was supplied by a UK supplier, though I think they just ship what the guy in Hong Kong sells them.

which place should I get a system from that would be better?

my budget is £200 for 4 cameras I have a HDD I can fit. I can run cat5 as I have loads.

im based in the UK.

Edited by Guest

I stand but what I said on my first post.

nope copper core foil shield copper braid foam insulator.

this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100m-ROLL-OF-RG59-2-SHOTGUN-CCTV-CABLE-VIDEO-POWER-SIAMESE-TWIN-HIGH-QUALITY-/180851137885?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a1b915d5d

though the braid is copper not aluminium as in the diagram.

What makes you think it is copper? If you buy aluminum braid, why would you give you copper braid, which is more expensive? Don't think so.

And the bride only has 48x0.12? The cable we use the most has a 112x0.12mm braid.

Buy on the cheap, get cheap results. You purchased the cheapest kit you found around, and then you purchased the cheapest cable you found around. You want better quality? Get better components.

the colour of it is copper, even when you cut through it. there was a cheaper cable at £26 for 100m, but that didn't have a foil shield.