Sign in to follow this  
deano

IP Camera - Auto Tracking Issue

I am hoping someone can shed light on the following problem I am having with a HD IP camera:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-most-cheap-price-aliexpress-Auto-Tracking-High-Speed-Dome-1080P-HD-PTZ-IP-Camera-DHL/1972868580.html

I recently bought this camera - mainly for auto tracking, in addition to the HD quality. The camera itself is fine but the auto tracking and interface software is hopeless. The vendor is disinterested and makes up excuses and remotely accessed the unit and couldn't get it to work. Of course the manuals are non-existent, so hopefully someone here can shed some light on what is happening - and indeed, if there is a solution.

The auto tracking feature is engaged by calling a "preset" number 89. This seems to engage the feature as it twitches a bit sometimes, then when it detects someone walking by it bizarrely goes in the opposite direction that the person is moving! After that it goes randomly around before returning to its base position. Driving me crazy!

I am not sure if this is a firmware or software issue. The OSD menu options are rudimentary but I have set them it to accept movement tracking, yet it doesn't do even a basic track of the subject.

The company also refuses to give me the management software advertised on the website and I have a dispute running with them to resolve the issues related to misleading conduct.

See the short youtube clip here:

Hoping for clarity from experts here.

TIA

Deano