fixingstill

Playing with my new Dahua NVR 4232

Dahua NVR 4232 + 4x POE ports.

Web:3.1.0.5

System Version:3.200.0000.6.R

Build Date:2014-11-27

1. How come I can't rename the camera names? It is grayed out.

2. I have an older but expensive 5MP telescoping camera for capturing license plates. It is a IQEye 855 by IQinVision. It is not ONVIF, nor even H.264. It is MJPEG only. I can see the video on VLC player via the RTSP streaming. It is

http://root:password@192.168.0.174:10174/now.jpg?snap=spush

How do I make it this NVR see this camera?

865501876_2015-06-0211_15_38-CONFIG-InternetExplorer.jpg.82ad8e661d7af2490cf2b65d7ef21b19.jpg

558345853_2015-06-0211_18_55-CONFIG.thumb.jpg.973fe3380f8b6389f295157c6108d057.jpg

1. How come I can't rename the camera names? It is grayed out.

The camera name is on the camera, not on the NVR. So until you have actually conencted a camera, there is nothing to rename.

Except the old non-ONVIF 5MP camera, I am connected to all cameras. Their status are all green.

What do you mean names are on the cameras? If so, I can browse into each to change its name? I don't see anywhere to do that.

Except the old non-ONVIF 5MP camera, I am connected to all cameras. Their status are all green.

What do you mean names are on the cameras? If so, I can browse into each to change its name? I don't see anywhere to do that.

Are the Cams Dahua or other brand?, You will only be able to change the cams name if they are also Dahua cameras,under ONVIF protocol you don't get all the communications to the cameras like you would with the same brand cams, also if your cam is not ONVIF compliant it wont connect to the Dahua NVR, you could always check to see if there is a ONVIF firmware upgrade for that camera.

I have all non Dahua cameras. They are no brand. I bought them one by one on ebay. eBay has much better choices and best bangs for the bucks, don't you think?

If I can't name each camera, I can't use this NVR. How do u (who don't have all Dahua cameras) use it to search and playback? Print out a lookup chart to tell which channel is which camera?

I am about to go back to Geovision 8.60 which is also very buggy and base on an architecture that is old. Anyone tried the new Geovision VMS? It doesn't look popular at all and I don't even see anything about it on ebay and I need to buy another dongle to run it as the old DVR/NVR dongle would not work.