Sign in to follow this  
THEKNIFE

best camera for covert illuminator

Howdy Members,

Hopefully someone has had some experience with a covert AXTON AT-30 illuminator (30 degree). Looking for a camera that is compatible with the AT-30. An unexperienced person helped me with my rural road security and the Acti tcm7411 camera does not pick up the 940nm output of the AT-30. I am not that impressed with the Acti (it is always cutting out) so I would rather change the camera and stay with the covert AXTON illuminator.

I do understand that the camera sensor needs to be CCD and not the CMOS that is in the ACTI.

I need a hardwired color outdoor day/night camera with IR cut filter that I can record footage on my computer, also camera does necessarily need its own motion sensing but must be able to mark recorded footage with my own separate break beam sensors down the road. The camera is fixed and covers about 300 ft. down my driveway.

Emailed Axton and they recommended some brands that will work but my gosh there are a lot of brands and models out there. Anybody out there that can narrow down the search for me ?

Could you post that list? I don't currently have for fully covert illumination, but some people may and a list of compatible cameras would be a really useful resource.