Sign in to follow this  
PhiDeck

Monitoring Alzheimer's victim

Researching remote monitoring of live-alone early-stages Alzheimer's victim.

If you are monitoring a third party person for their own safety, then be sure and have an independent third party

with whom you verify and agree all decisions and notarize those decisions formally.

For example consider is the "patient" attended during bathing because a record of this would be helpful in the event of any

misinterpretations etc. For instance those that monitor the patient from a remote location would probably have to be nursing staff (male of female or at the very least of the same gender in such circumstances as bathing.

Where for example a son wanted to watch over his mother, his remote connection could be configured to exclude viewing of any camera where modesty might be an issue i.e bedroom and bathroom toilet etc.

Thee range of concerns and issues is as wide ranging as the number of different ways that demeture of any type can manifest itself.

Unlimited.

I would suggest that if you are doing this for a family member, that you liase with those that have the duty of care medically for the 'Patient'

I think this would be a very useful and hopefully helpful medium for the care of such people, but handled without serious thought it has potential to be disastrous also. Good luck with this project