DeniS182

Rotating bracket for IP camera

Hi,

I want to ask you how I can connect rotating bracket - somethink like that - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electrical-Rotating-Pan-Tilt-Bracket-PTZ-RS485-for-CCTV-Analog-HD-IP-Camera-/131534651767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1ea0138177 to my server computer with CMS? I want to control rotation with PTZ in CMS. This rotating bracket use RS485 protocol, but my IP camera don't have connection for it. I found some convertors on ebay from rs485 to rs232 or from rs485 to usb. It will be work with this converters? Or you know some other solution for connect this bracket to pc?

Thanks for answer.

you don't connect to the ip camera, you connect to the bracket which has the drive motor - the bracket motor is controlled via Pelco-d data, You just fit the IP camera onto the bracket and I would ensure you use a highly flexible cat5 cable for this - since solid core will probably break by constant movement. you need some kind of pelco-d controller or software.

Thanks for answer.

I have CMS with integrated PTZ control, please look at the picture. But I don't know if it will be work, when I'll connect two wires from rotating bracket to rs485 - usb converter and then to computer with this cms - ptz control.

ptz.PNG.83f9aedeb72fea69345c213eedd7d37a.PNG

yep that looks good, should work. Pelco-d as stated in brackets spec. would think you select the patrol or scan tab to initiate auto mode on the bracket.