redox

De-interlacing images

Hello,

we setup a system today inside a car using cheap IR cameras. Our requirements are only to capture 1 FPS. The problem is that the images are all experiencing the "mice teeth" edge distortion. Is there anything we can do to correct this problem?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

can you post the video............I'm a chees head from Wisconsin and need to see the power of................

Well there is no video as we are capturing stills. One every second. I can post the images but they look like any other images that suffer from interlacing when getting stills from video.

So basically the images are blurred do to the motion being to fast?? If thats the case get cameras with faster shutter speeds.

It has nothing (well not entirely but almost) to do with lens speed, the interlacing problem you speak of is derived because (I bet I am going to be wrong coops!) PAL has 576 Pixels in a Frame and NTSC has 480, the anaolgue cameras generate Interlaced video made up of two fields 50 Fields a second and 30 Fields per second the interlaced combined fields consist of fields displaced in time 1/50s PAL and 1/30s NTSC when you digitize the video the interlacing can be visable in frame mode and is a result of interlaced scanning, the faster the object is the more pronounced the effect will be.

Some DVrs have De Interlacing and in fact you can even find these functions in high end graphic programs like Adobe Photoshop.

When you record in Frame mode you can double your vertical resolution, therefore exported images will look smoother and have more resolution, but when played in sequence you can see the effect of playing alternatating fields the next field in sequence moves up and down by one line.

Coops let me know if this is correct?

I beleive Geovision ahs De Interlace rendering if your Video Card Supports it and one of thier video resolutions is labelled 640x480sw which I assume is 640x480 Software Interlaced, this creates load on the CPU but will give less jagged edges.