ibcomp

GV250 video storage on website

Hi,

I am using a GV250 and now I want to store the video on a sub domain of a website instead of using the hard disk. I am doing this to make it easier to view the video remotely. Any ideas?

Thanks

isaac

Wecome to the forum.

Why? What is the reasoning behind this decision? Asking to get a better idea of what your situation is.

Hi,

I want to view the video data online. Of course I have tried viewing the live Video remotely, but the problem is you have to name the address that i give access to the computer. I want to be able to store the video and then watch in from any site, only using a password. If I set the firewall to allow any address access , there is a security risk to the computer from hacker,viruses etc. Hope I have explained myself.

Put the DVR on a VPN with a hardware firewall. Then access the VPN prior to the DVR machine. This will give you another means of security, however what is the definition of "secure" these days anyways? If someone wants to get into hacking your unit, they could just as easily hack a sub domain of a hosted website. It is all relative to the information on the unit.

Scottj