Sign in to follow this  
kenc

Problem configuring Dahua HFW4300S IP camera

Hello, and thanks in advance for any replies to this post.

We just purchased the referenced camera, but am having a difficult time with its configuration. The camera did not come with a firmware CD, and the link provided to download the firmware is in Chinese.

After some digging, I found its IP address, and can web to its GUI. The first thing that pops up is a request to download and install the plugin. When I select that link, another window pops up asking to open/save the web plugin from its IP address.

After many hours of web searching, and getting no help from Dahua support, I am hoping for resolution through this site.

Thanks very much.

After some digging, I found its IP address, and can web to its GUI. The first thing that pops up is a request to download and install the plugin. When I select that link, another window pops up asking to open/save the web plugin from its IP address.

Next obvious step, install the plugin

Downlaod it, close all browsers, install it, and connect to the camera again.

Thanks for the reply.

That's the problem - I can't download the plugin. It is asking me to download FROM the camera. If I try to save or download the file, I get an error message.

That's the problem - I can't download the plugin. It is asking me to download FROM the camera. If I try to save or download the file, I get an error message.

And that's how it has to be. You have to download it from the camera.

After losing connectivity to the camera, I rebooted server. And wouldn't you know it? I was able to now successfully download the plugin, and the camera works.

Thanks for the replies, folks.