Sign in to follow this  
neverwouldof

Best camera available to cover entire street end cup-de-sac

Would love something 4k and am willing to put up higher end infrared led. Found out we have a wife beating drug using nut case on our street. Incident happened on July 4th and fear this won't be end. Higher end homes and good people with one bad apple. Has a long rap sheet we didn't know about until the last few days. My hikvision cameras don't do the job to cover area I need. I had axis with infrared optional coverage attachment at old house but it still only reached out to about 50ft at night.

Any suggestions on best out there? Ok going into the $3k range and have recording devices/computers to record.

Thanks for any ideas, I can mount in many locations on front of home as high as about 25ft

Sorry, I didn't install this myself, I saw it on a LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/3307745?trk=hp-feed-company-nam.

My guess that it's a outdoor Vivotek 2MP model like FD8363. Height is probably about 15-20 feet up. (full disclosure, I used to work for Vivotek)

Copywriting, editing, and marketing for the security industry: www.thesecuritycopywriter.com

That's a solid budget that gives you a lot of options. What do you want to achieve? Just overview? ID quality Coverage?

If your intention is anything other than overview get any sort of 2mp fixed focus camera out of your head immediately.

Your budget extends to some of the excellent PTZ offerings from Dahua and Hikvision.

This 2mp Darkfighter PTZfor example which is available in the US for sub US$2K.

Here it is at the Hikvision Website

Something like that can be set up to track and zoom in on activity in the street.

All the 4K offerings I have seen so far have very poor low light performance which might go against you if he is a pain mostly at night.

If you want something fixed focus you can look at something from the Hikvision 6MP range.

The 5mp Bosch Dinion 8000 Starlight is also in your budget.

5MP will give you ID resolution (352ppm) across an area 7.3m (24ft) wide and recognition across double that.