Sign in to follow this  
StoreClerk

Q-SEE QC8816

I recently bought this NVR with 8- IP cameras. I previously had 6 Geo-vision GV-CB220 cameras already installed. I hooked up with NVR and the cameras and all went fine. The Geo-vision cameras were previously hooked up to a POE switch and by using that, the cameras were picked up with the NVR. But, the Geo-Vision cameras do not record with motion now. I tried hooking them up to the NVR and they would not connect. Anyone know why they would not connect or why they would not record only when motion is detected? The cameras will record, only if they record all the time.

I recently bought this NVR with 8- IP cameras. I previously had 6 Geo-vision GV-CB220 cameras already installed. I hooked up with NVR and the cameras and all went fine. The Geo-vision cameras were previously hooked up to a POE switch and by using that, the cameras were picked up with the NVR. But, the Geo-Vision cameras do not record with motion now. I tried hooking them up to the NVR and they would not connect. Anyone know why they would not connect or why they would not record only when motion is detected? The cameras will record, only if they record all the time.

That is a rebranded dahua NVR...not all NVR are fully compatible with all cams...you will have to play with the settings and see if you can get it to work...if the cameras have a vca settings try playing with that.