narayan2005

i just get 4 days of recording on pc based dvr for 150 gb

I have geovision 4 channel system with 150 gb hard drive and i have connected just three cameras.I am getting just 4 days of recording.One camera records even at night when there is no one in the store and the picture is dark.

Please provide feed back

How is your system setup:

-Recording Resolution (352x240, 640x480, etc.)

-Motion Detection??

-Camera brand/type (resolution, color, b&w)

-Recording Compresion (Mpeg4, geo MP4, wavelet)

-Image Quality setting?

Is the HardDrive partitioned with the OS or is it a seperate HDD.

Anything else will help out.

Thanks

Motion detect sensitivity is probably way too high. I find the system will read the cam adjusting at night to light variances as movement and record.

-WC-

Thats true, I am sure at night the cameras are constantly recording. Depending on the quaility of the cameras the noise will trip the motion as well.

-I guess we will have to wait..

Motion detect sensitivity is probably way too high. I find the system will read the cam adjusting at night to light variances as movement and record.

-WC-

I have set motion detection to 7 for one camera and other to 9.

the resolution is 320x240

Quality is high

Mpeg

cameras are 520 tv lines color camera

How is your system setup:

-Recording Resolution (352x240, 640x480, etc.)

-Motion Detection??

-Camera brand/type (resolution, color, b&w)

-Recording Compresion (Mpeg4, geo MP4, wavelet)

-Image Quality setting?

Is the HardDrive partitioned with the OS or is it a seperate HDD.

Anything else will help out.

Thanks

the hard drive is partioned for the os and the recording.

Pixelisation at night will cause unwanted motion detection also.

Mask off anything that can cause additional unwanted motion such as a tree or bush, if it is windy it will be recording straight through. Another thing is shade from Trees, when it is windy, that causes motion detection as well. Use the mask to mask off anything you can do withtout.

Rory

I don't remember what settings I have for my motion only cams, but I had to throttle down the sensitivity due to the fuzziness that is inherent in the cam when trying to overcome pure dark conditions. It was obvious when it was recording all night, when all it should have caught was the occasional mouse or spider.

Throttle it down some, and see how it goes that night.

-WC-

[Please keep posts on topic. For instance spamming about your product is not on topic in a Geovision disscussion. Please note doing this makes your product look bad and makes yourself look unprofessional. Given the already poor reputation of companies based in China, may I suggest not being a prick and pissing off the mods while offering reason for the community to look down on you. If you wish to behave according to community standards then welcome to the forum. -Thomas, Moderator in a grumpy mood.]

I just had a problem with my Geo system recording all night long on two channels due to the grainy picture the low light caused with my Sony D/N dome camera. A single 13w florescent bulb on a timer brought the light level up enough to eliminate the grain and allow the motion detection to work properly. It also makes the night time picture much more usable should it record an event.

Down load 8.0 and it will fix your problems. It has new motion detection upgrades that will eliminate the night vision recording problem.