crane

Pelco camera and Nava DVR cant see each other

I am new to the forum as just got my first CCTV so hello all

I have a new Pelco Spectra 1080p camera and a new Nava Galaxview NVR.

I can see the camera and operate the camera from the internet and network

The DVR does not see the camera.

The DVR sees the other 5 analogue cameras no problem just not th IP camera

Nava say as long as the camera is ONVIF compatible it will work and the camera is ONVIF compatible so must be a camera fault but I can see the camera online?

Can anyone throw some light on the situation please

I am new to the forum as just got my first CCTV so hello all

I have a new Pelco Spectra 1080p camera and a new Nava Galaxview NVR.

I can see the camera and operate the camera from the internet and network

The DVR does not see the camera.

The DVR sees the other 5 analogue cameras no problem just not th IP camera

Nava say as long as the camera is ONVIF compatible it will work and the camera is ONVIF compatible so must be a camera fault but I can see the camera online?

Can anyone throw some light on the situation please

Can you list model of your recorder ...... I don't see any hybrids on there website

check the port being used to stream the video , they may be different on the different manufacturers.

It's a galaxview GL16, all ports are set up correctly. The camera is ONVIF V1.02 compliant and the box should see it as it will automatically detect all ONVIF cameras regardless of settings according to the manufacturers.

It's a galaxview GL16, all ports are set up correctly. The camera is ONVIF V1.02 compliant and the box should see it as it will automatically detect all ONVIF cameras regardless of settings according to the manufacturers.

Please forget what system seller told you ....

GL16 is a DVR according to the spec sheet .... How are you connecting your PTZ to the recorder

I'll take a guess on your connection .....PTZ on local network and DVR on same network (router /switch)

That is not going to work

Yes, you are absolutely correct same network. The NVR is plugged into the router as is the camera.

Does this mean I need a separate NVR for the PTZ camera?

Or

Is a better option a PC to record all cameras or will that pose the same issues?

cheers

Yes, you are absolutely correct same network.

Does this mean I need a separate NVR for the PTZ camera?

Or

Is a better option a PC to record all cameras or will that pose the same issues?

cheers

Hi. With having just bought analog cameras and a network PTZ then you cheapest option is a hybrid recorder

And don't buy from your last supplier if he has told you that there D1 is ONVIF then he needs training ....... Or if he sold you on that understanding then send recorder back ........ Was it from the UK distributor ?

Not sure if you "do" Ebay but this is what I bought ( Ebay no 181789215542 ) and it definetly says hybrid?

Just ran ONVIF device manager as advised by Pelco and only the camera shows up, if I manually enter the NVR IP address it just says " The connection was closed unexpectedly" is this a box fault?

thanks