petpeeps

Geovision NVR won't playback recorded video

Hi everyone,

I'm the noob needing some help.

When using Geovision NVR software (8.6.2.0), I seem to be unable to playback any recorded video.

If I right-click and choose Instant Play, the player opens for a split second and then closes again immediately.

If I open GV Remote Viewlog manually, no events are listed at all to be able to play the video back.

I installed GV-NVR using all the default options.

It took me a while to figure out that "monitor" is Geovision speak for "record", so I have the camera set to record ok.

There are plently of AVI files in the GV-NVR/cam01 directory, but I can only play them back using Windows Media player at the moment which isn't really much use.

I have only one camera at the moment which is a GV-FE4301 fisheye.

I have some experience with the wonderfully simple Avtech DVR's, but I'm completely new to the world of IP cams. While I have muddled my way through ok so far, I'm completely lost trying to get this thing to playback properly.

If anyone can suggest something that I've missed or muddled up I would very much appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Col

you want to click on the icon that is the paper with the magnifying glass, then video/audio log (F10). This opens the program you view recorded events in. Then you pick the camera and the time you want to play. I've never used anything program other than Geovision, as I too am new to IP cameras. While there are a lot of things I do like about Geovision, I don't find their software to be very intuitive. You can always call/chat/email the geovision office in the USA (Im assuming you are in the USA) for more help. If you call, the person that answers the phone can help you, pretty amazing these days.

http://www.usavisionsys.com/

This may be a little late. As you described the events exactly occurring on my Windows Server 2012 R2 running Geovision 8620 DVR/NVR software. I installed the software to a square monitor (Sony) which would support a native resolution of 1280 x 1024. Did not think twice about dropping the display of the DVR software to something smaller so that I could use the task bar etc. Every time I attempted to click the icon for viewlog.exe (or press F10) Note: Click icon then chose View/Audio Log (F10) from the running Geovision software (camera view main system); the system would attempt to start the application by showing the database initializing to a certain percentage then quickly disappear.

FIX: Change the resolution of the viewlog to accommodate a larger viewing area. In my case I had to set it to the 1280 x1020 screen resolution which took up the whole screen It would not work on a smaller setting. I believe on my system it is because the IP camera video needed at least this size being a high definition recording. I may be corrected by Geovision or a certified tech on this point. But the idea is that I set my start size to match the max screen resolution my monitor could handle. It works as intended in native that mode.