snake07

Lorex LNR280 problems

Hi all,

I installed Lorex LNR280 about 2 years and had a few problems:

1/ Camera stopped connecting with DVR, like a few people in the forum experienced.

2/ DVR remote access stopped working, I sent the DVR to Lorex to have it fixed, paid $150.

3/ 2 cameras has color fading, looks like black and white color.

4/ 1 camera sometimes flashing with shadow.

Is it typical for Lorex system has so many issues in 2 years ?

The system isn't cheap and I'm thinking it's not worthy to have this system that have so many issues in 2 yr.

I was thinking of repairing/replacing the 3 cameras I'm having issue with right now but may thinking of a new system instead.

Anyone has any recommendation for other HD camera system that last and robust ?

Thank you,

Hi all,

I installed Lorex LNR280 about 2 years and had a few problems:

1/ Camera stopped connecting with DVR, like a few people in the forum experienced.

2/ DVR remote access stopped working, I sent the DVR to Lorex to have it fixed, paid $150.

3/ 2 cameras has color fading, looks like black and white color.

4/ 1 camera sometimes flashing with shadow.

Is it typical for Lorex system has so many issues in 2 years ?

The system isn't cheap and I'm thinking it's not worthy to have this system that have so many issues in 2 yr.

I was thinking of repairing/replacing the 3 cameras I'm having issue with right now but may thinking of a new system instead.

Anyone has any recommendation for other HD camera system that last and robust ?

Thank you,

If you purchased it from costco you can return it for a refund any time. Some older lorex systems were rebranded hikvision..the newer ones are rebranded dahua...some were made by other manfuacturers, so you cannot compare the brand overall..its system specific.

Boogieman,

Thank you for your response and I called Costco, they agreed to take back my system for store credit.

I'm looking for a replacement system and want to try Q-see instead of Lorex.

Found this system from Costo

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-16-Channel-HD-IP-NVR-with-3TB-HDD%2c-8-4MP-Cameras-with-100'-Night-Vision.product.100213199.html

Anyone has any ideas if Q-see performance is better than Lorex ?

Boogieman,

Thank you for your response and I called Costco, they agreed to take back my system for store credit.

I'm looking for a replacement system and want to try Q-see instead of Lorex.

Found this system from Costo

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-16-Channel-HD-IP-NVR-with-3TB-HDD%2c-8-4MP-Cameras-with-100'-Night-Vision.product.100213199.html

Anyone has any ideas if Q-see performance is better than Lorex ?

Your old system was made by hikvision, this qsee is made by dahua..both make good systems...you cant come to any conclusions based on a single experience....The new lorex systems are also made by dahua...

I would buy the qsee system in your link, its on sale and a good value - worst case return it..thats the beauty of costco..