hbl

Kodicom Diginet Full Backup

Hi all,

I have a site that installed with Kodicom Diginet 4.11. They are recorded in continues mode. The problems is they are required to do a full backup of all the storage and burn into DVD disc.

I have tried to do the backup with "AVI Back" but it stopped after 8 hours of backup althought I set it to do a backup over a priod of 1 week. I set the split by 24 hours or 1 hour but the result are still the same, stopped after 8 hours. The backup was stored in hard disk first. It is not directly burn into DVD disc this eliminated the insufficient stroge issue.

I try to do the backup with "Time Backup", but once backup the file was in *.bix, *.box and kif extension. What program shall we use to open the backed up file? or is it any other methods allow us to do a full backup of the site over a long period?

Does anyone can give some advise on how to do a full backup of the site. Thank you.

I'm afraid to say that 4.11 has a problem with backup. To make matters worse..... 4.11 was never released. It was sonly sent out with copy boards from China. I'm afraid you might be stuck.

The 4.11 software bites. You'll never get the full back up. We eventually pulled the cards because even 1 minute of back up could take 10-15 minutes. Forget a full back-up.

If this is the case of 4.11 version was not a former released version, is there any other version of software that I can use since I already had the 4 channel Kodicom card?

Anywhere I can download the version that allow me to do a full backup?

The card been sold to client, what shall I do now? Help need!

There is an update depending on the card you have. If its a pirate, it will crash the system. You are better off trying another card - even though you have the 4 camera card already, you're just going to end up pulling your hair out. I tried everything and finally scrapped the card. I use NetVision's cards. They work well and they monitor this site to give help to anyone with their software/hardware.

I would complain to the person you got the card from. They ripped you off. Not sure that anyone i know would support a copy board with new the newest software.