Sign in to follow this  
tee-J

CCTV network settings problem

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help me I'm about to go crazy. I have done CCTV network settings before and it worked perfect but I am having troubles with bt businesshub 2701HGV-C modem linked with TP-LINK TL-WR841N router. I can view the cameras within the same network but I can't access it through public IP. Let me explain everything I done step by step and see where I'm going wrong. By the way I am using a ANNKE DVR.

First of all I am using the tp-link router to connect the DVR to the internet and TP-link router is connected to the BT BusinessHub modem as you would know.

I have port forwarded on the tp-link router.

I have put the default gateway of the tplink router on the network settings of the DVR.

DVR info:

IP:192.168.0.11

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

Media port: 34567

HTTP:8080

So now when I'm connected to the tplink router and if I write 192.168.0.11:8080 on my address bar it connects to the DVR, asks me to login but it doesnt show cameras it says I have something missing. but when I get the public IP from google and try logging in from another network it doesnt show me anything. It is a dynamic IP but I try it within minutes so it can't be that the IP is changing.

My questions is; do I have to give any sort of permission from the businessHub modem to the tp link router to allow traffic to the DVR? Is there anything I have done wrong there? I'm guessing I have done the port forwarding right for it to allow me to access DVR within the same network ?

Thanks for reading guys, I know it was a bit of an assay

Edited by Guest

Hi, can't get good wifi signal other side of the shop, where I put the Tp-link router and is the only place I can hide the DVR.

Hi. Why not connect direct to your hub ?

Also BT will give you a static IP as your a business customer

sometimes the firewall can block traffic- check if you need to allow traffic through a rule for the ports used.

I've read and done something about DMZ setting, enabling the DVR's IP. If that's what your talking about. If not I don't know how to do what you said. I have googled stuff about "allowing traffic to open ports" but what came up was just how to port forward.

sometimes the firewall can block traffic- check if you need to allow traffic through a rule for the ports used.

Hi, can't get good wifi signal other side of the shop, where I put the Tp-link router and is the only place I can hide the DVR.

Hi. These will be much better and no networking needed

One at DVR the other at your BT hub

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/powerline/bt-broadband-extender-500-powerline-kit-twin-pack-21748982-pdt.html

I didn't know such a thing existed thanks for that, I might have to consider getting them if I can't get any help for my problem I guess..

Hi. These will be much better and no networking needed

One at DVR the other at your BT hub

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/powerline/bt-broadband-extender-500-powerline-kit-twin-pack-21748982-pdt.html