onecell

HikVision 7216 wrong firmware. Now can't downgrade

Greetings!

Newbie to this forum here so I hope I'm posting in the correct section.

Like a muppet, I recently used the iVMS remote console to put the WRONG firmware on my 7216 recorder.

Following the reboot, it now starts booting then loops into a re-boot sequence.

It doesn't even get as far as establishing comms to use the TFTP program.

Is there a way to force the machine to look at the USB drive to grab the CORRECT firmware or is this a "return to distributer" issue?

Best

Danny

It should work with TFTP. You might not be doing it right.

I also think that you should not have been able to flash the wrong firmware, but I always flash from the web interface, never from iVMS-4200. Is this a case of flashing an international firmware on a chinese unit?

The other way round... Wrong firmware on a Euro unit.

Should the DVR start receiving TFTP data as soon as it powers on. I'm sending to the IP address last used on the unit as it's my understanding the settings don't change on a flash. Am I wrong? Should I use another IP/subnet on the laptop.

FYI; on power up the unit shows the HikVision splash screen, blanks, shows, at the wrong size, the on screen text for the cameras it was set for, remembering 1+5 view I had set but no camera video, then restarts.

Do you actually know how TFTP recovery works? You do not "send" to an IP.

You need to set up a TFTP server on a computer with IP 192.0.0.128. When a Hikvision devices boots up, it does so first with IP 192.0.0.64, tries to connect to a TFTP server on 192.0.0.128. If it does find one, it asks for a firmware, downloads it, updates itself, and reboots. I am sure there is plenty of info on how to recover with TFTP on this forum or by googling.

You didn't say what device you have, but if it is not too old, you should be able to find your latest firmware here:

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Recorder/

Thanks very much for your help & sorry for my ignorance; although my experience with CCTV is long and extensive, my experience with TFTP LESS so!

It turns out the problem was my 64bit Win7 laptop wasn't working with the TFTP software.

My ancient XP beast worked properly!