Sign in to follow this  
tee-J

Can not access DVR with public IP

Hello guys,

I am using a ANNKE system. I port forwarded the BT business hub and put the subnet as 255.255.255.0 on the DVR. I put the gateway on the DVR same as the networks. Now I can access the DVR on the same network but cannot access it anywhere else. Canyouseeme shows that the port 8080 is not open even though its the DVR's port and I use that port to access it on the same network. I have used BT instructions to port forward.

Thank you.

Hi,

Assuming you have HH5 go into the hub settings 192.168.1.254 >advanced (enter password and continue to advanced settings) >firewall>manage games and applications>add a new game or application>

type a name eg: CCTV

copy existing change to 'no'

Protocol 'any' then enter the ports you need 8080 to 8080 click add

then repeat for any additional ports required and apply when finished

click on port forwarding again at the top of page

game or application should be 'CCTV' and device should be user confined and enter the address of your DVR.

Click apply and test your ports on http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

You know that unless you have a static IP you will have to setup an dynamic dns account to keep the IP updated.

But my instructions should help you open the ports needed

Hope this helps.

P.

Hi,

Assuming you have HH5 go into the hub settings 192.168.1.254 >advanced (enter password and continue to advanced settings) >firewall>manage games and applications>add a new game or application>

type a name eg: CCTV

copy existing change to 'no'

Protocol 'any' then enter the ports you need 8080 to 8080 click add

then repeat for any additional ports required and apply when finished

click on port forwarding again at the top of page

game or application should be 'CCTV' and device should be user confined and enter the address of your DVR.

Click apply and test your ports on http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

You know that unless you have a static IP you will have to setup an dynamic dns account to keep the IP updated.

But my instructions should help you open the ports needed

Hope this helps.

P.

Hi. Very well explained will help lots of people with BT hubs.

As far as static IP goes business static IP is now free and in most cases now they don't change with business accounts