gadge

Single cam + DVR UK purchase help please

Hi, i would appreciate some help please especially if you have Uk knowledge, my Mom/mum wants to feel more secure at home and has asked me to sort out a CCTV system for her, i love a challenge and am pretty good with technology, i know what we need but not where to get it and our best options, if you could advise or suggest i would appreciate it

basics are

Bungalow with white plastic facia/soffit

Single HD 1080 dome camera to cover the front of her property and drive way, position already established

more cameras may be added later if i know her but we want to get the first camera sorted before we expand, max would be 4 cameras

Good day AND night vision

DVR to record 24/7 with overwrite which i guess is standard and can connect to the internet for remote viewing

i / she needs the DVR to attach to the Tv for viewing the camera output, problem is she only has a single HDMI input on the Tv used by Sky but she does have a spare component available, maybe a HDMI splitter will help that is remote switched ??

i / she also would like to view the camera output on any of her other Tv`s in the house

she already has a Coax going into the loft taking the Sky signal to a 4 way distribution 6v passthrough amp allowing sky viewing on her other tv`s all with magic eyes

If i have to run a new cable to the distribution amp, so be it if it makes life simpler, i am going to buy a new distribution amp which will have 6 Tv out and CCTV/Sky/FM/Dab/coax in

My questions are

1. what camera to purchase to start with ?

i was looking at Hikvision which in the Uk i think is re branded to Swann but maybe there are better or other names ??

2. Which DVR to buy which works with the camera and can output to either HDMI or at a pinch Component and what is the best method of taking the camera output and sending it to a distribution amp for viewing on her other Tv`s

If anyone can suggest anything it would be appreciated, the Uk seems to be a mine field of dodgy suppliers and iffy brands, i really dont want to waste her money so some usefull pointers and suggestions would be appreciated before we purchase anything

we have a budget up to £500