Sign in to follow this  
maltpj

Lorex hdcvi vertical wave problem

Hello,

I just installed a 8 channel hdcvi system and would be very happy with it if I didn't have vertical waves which come and go. This problem seems to move from channel to channel and can happen day or night. Sometimes it will be clear all day and then it comes back and its in and out.

Here's a list of things I've tried to troubleshoot the problem:

I removed my UPS's to make sure they weren't causing the problem. (reinstalled after ruling out they weren't the problem)

I have a common power supply to all the cameras / I tried a separate wall wart power supply to each camera.

I've tried several different types of siamese cables to the cameras (longest run 60')

I've tried turning off every circuit in my house including the main breaker running on the UPS to rule out electrical interference.

All the cameras are the same except the PTZ camera which I the lines also.

I can view these lines on the local monitor and on my Android phone so I unplugged the hdmi cable to the monitor to see if it was causing the problem. Didn't help.

I unplugged the network cable make sure it wasn't the problem. Didn't help.

I've unplugged all the cameras and tried one at a time and I can still see it and out.

Any one have any ideas? Please see the snap shot I attached. (resized)

20151229_213129.thumb.jpg.357a5f065887edb0c6ab6b2a0446307b.jpg

If the distance from camera is short enough(less 60ft), the DVR is suspicious for Grounding to Board & Earth. I do not think HD-CVI receiver chipset is good enough.

If the distance from camera is short enough(less 60ft), the DVR is suspicious for Grounding to Board & Earth. I do not think HD-CVI receiver chipset is good enough.

That was something I forgot to list; I tried a jumper from the ground at the 120 volt receptacle to the b&C ground and that didn't help. Lorex is sending me another DVR to try, but I don't think that the problem.

Do you think it could be the DVR?

That was something I forgot to list; I tried a jumper from the ground at the 120 volt receptacle to the b&C ground and that didn't help. Lorex is sending me another DVR to try, but I don't think that the problem.

Do you think it could be the DVR?

Yes, I do think the DVR-board is bad. Try another DVR(HD-CVI).