sabrosa

Issues with Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E. Help please.

I recently installed two Dahua cameras at my home, one Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E and one Dahua IPC-HFW4300S-V2. They are powered via POE from a NETGEAR ProSAFE FS108PNA.

The Dahua IPC-HFW4300S-V2 is run on about 30' of Cat5e and works flawlessly. The Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E is run on about 50' of Cat5e and works intermittently at best.

If I take the Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E down and run it on a shorter Cat5e ethernet cable it works flawlessly. This lead me to believe there may be signal loss in the Cat5e cable I had run so I ran a new Cat5e cable but I get the same intermittent results. So then I thought maybe it's power loss and I bought an AC adapter and ran power directly to the camera but it doesn't seem to make a difference either.

Both cameras are running 2.420.0004.0.R, build: 2014-11-03.

I am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I take the Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E down and run it on a shorter Cat5e ethernet cable it works flawlessly.

So the long cable you are using is probably bad quality, use good cable.

As Securame its either bad cable (CCA-copper clad aluminium) or you did not follow the 568 wiring standard. You must use the wiring standard and cannot simply match the wire colors at the ends.

Makes sense. The cable is a CCA cable. I ordered a copper cable to replace it. Hopefully this works.

Thank you both for the help.