incurablegeek

Wired System Recommendation

Briefly, I have a 700 sq. ft. Computer/Work room that I need secured with 2 wired cameras. Obviously I need to be able to provide evidence of bad-guy entry if my other systems fail.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

I won't claim to know much then the single system I installed at my residence, but here is a lower end system. I have the same cameras and no they are not commercial quality, but the have very good clarity 1080p.

The NVR has can obviously be accessed from a TV (via HDMI) & mouse off of the NVR,, or by using the NVR IP address when you are on your 'local router'.

The NVR has some basic playback capabilities. You can record 24/7,, scheduled, or by motion. The playback tool allows you to zoom, download files, etc. It works well.

I had the cat5 run, it was simply a matter of connecting the cat5 from my home router to the POE switch and have the cameras plugged into the back of the POE switch. No other wires/cords are needed.

http://www.amazon.com/GW-Security-Channel-System-Cameras/dp/B011684YI8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1452718572&sr=8-10&keywords=GW+security+nvr

Thanks, Terrance, for the quick and informative reply.

I just purchased the following from Lorex in a similar price range: https://www.lorextechnology.com/HD-IP-security-camera-system/IP-security-camera-system-with-1080p-cameras/prod420042.p

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again!

Looks like a good package, expandable to 8 cameras if you ever need them. It has the POE built in, so you don't have to run separate power cables.

My current set-up is as follows:

Hikvision 2132 cameras $110/each

D-Link POE switch (supports 4 POE fixed cameras). $50

Dell T20 Server Running Windows 7 and Hikvision Server software. $600ish with HDDs.

I currently am planning on switching to a 4 channel Hikvision NVR, which can be had for $200 or less.

The 2132 Cameras have been good. In terms of image quality, they are about 80% of the $3000 Dallmeier IP cameras I use at work. I doubt they will have anywhere near the service life, but so what? At $100, it's not going to break the bank to replace them. I also have my cameras mounted outside, which means that the propensity for somebody damaging them is much higher versus indoor cameras.

I have been running this set-up for about 6 months with no issues.