Goldenboy

NVR Single vs. Dual-Core embedded processor

Hello. I'm new here and i hope i have posted this to the right place.

I wanted to ask especially to the experienced users of NVRs or DVRs. Is there any significant performance difference between a Single Core vs. Dual-Core in a standalone NVR? I am still on a planning stage to get one NVR and (2) cameras with probably 4 cameras max for our house security.

For my simple setup, i know for myself that the Single core setup would be ideal but if there is a good reason to buy the newer tech i might just spend a little more.

Also, what is the difference between a smart detection camera vs. without and can you do a motion detection mode on NVR even if the camera does not have a smart detection features?

I've tried searching for any information about this topic but with no luck.

As to a standalone NVR, I do not think there could be any differences(meaning) between Single Core and Dual Core CPU embedded in its chipset on the board of NVR box. Just a marketing gimmick. For home applications, I would go for 720P or less resolution, whether it could be IP camera system or HD-Analog system. 1080P could be too much for a back end processing, say CPU power, HDD size, heats, more expensive, and so on.