chris_sa

Sharing individual channels with Neighbor

Hi Everyone, 1st post here and looking for some support.

I have a 4 channel Hikvision TVI setup. The cameras are 720 HD turbo cameras.

To access the feed at home I mainly use the hikvision app on Ios/android where I stream the feed over local LAN. Now my wifi signal is quite strong and would like my neighbor to also access some of my cameras (they are facing in areas that's covering both our yards). It would only be over LAN.

Basically I want neighbor to only see 2 feeds, not all 4. Is this possible to set up the app on her phone but then she can only access certain cameras?

Is this possible? Maybe there is a way to create different users or something, I haven't seen anything in my setup.

Thank you for the help.

You haven't looked enough You can create her an account (user) that only has access to view/playback the cameras you choose, it is quite easy to find and do.

Check this guide, it is in spanish and it is for the old Hikvision firmware, but at least the screenshots should give you a good idea on what you are looking for:

http://www.securamente.com/hikvision-como-modificar-la-contrasena-de-admin-de-un-dispositivo-via-web-o-ivms-4200/

You haven't looked enough You can create her an account (user) that only has access to view/playback the cameras you choose, it is quite easy to find and do.

Check this guide, it is in spanish and it is for the old Hikvision firmware, but at least the screenshots should give you a good idea on what you are looking for:

http://www.securamente.com/hikvision-como-modificar-la-contrasena-de-admin-de-un-dispositivo-via-web-o-ivms-4200/

So I found the user settings and created another operator. Still it doesn't allow me to use the operator details when assigning the ip details in app on phone. Always asks for administrator.

Is there anything else I need to do?

What application are you using on the phone? You should be using iVMS-4500.

Yes that's the app I'm using. But when I enter username and password of additional user I created it does not work - only the administrator works

Then you are doing it wrong. Either you did not create the user, you are not keeping in mind username and password are case sensitive, or something along the way.

Did you create the user on the unit with screen/mouse pluged in? Through the web interface? Through iVMS-4200?

What error are you geting?