Sign in to follow this  
smarty

Auto Zoom (not PT but Z) Outdoor Camera Help

Folks,

I am looking for a camera that can be mounted to the side of the house (under eave) like the rest of my KT&C 600 cams, except this cam overlooks the driveway area.

When someone rings the from gate button, I would like to send the cam a signal (via a Geo digital input) to zoom in (distance to gate is about 75ft) to get a face picture at the gate. The camera would NOT have to Pan or Tilt, just zoom in.

I have seen some zoom only type cams, but they do not appear to be outdoor cameras. What would you guys suggest, and what would you have them mounted in. Outdoor temps range from 25-110 deg F. Price range is $300-$600 max. I prefer a color cam. At night there will be a light over the gate.

I'm sure the 12X would be enough, but does anyone know if the Geo Software could be used to initiate the zooming?

It says is uses RS 485 half duplex. Can the Geo 1240 work with this (I have no experience with PTZ and Geo).

You will have to use a RS-485 to RS-232 converter. The protocol I think is PELCO so the DVR should have no problem communicating. From other DVR's I have worked with you basically setup a preset (zoomed in to the gate) and some sort of alarm contact sensor. When the alarm is triggered the camera will zoom to the specified preset position. The problem I ran into with other systems is after an alarm is triggered you will need to reset it manually. This is being taken care of eventually with a software patch but as of now there is no time-out or auto-reset for the alarm. As for the GEO software, this may not be an issue. You will have to wait until a GEO master logs in and reads the post.

Can any Geo experts tell me if GeoVision will be able to "talk" with this camera to zoom in and zoom out? I think it will connect up using a Geo net/IO card. Do I have it right?

Here is the manual link:http://www.samsungcc.tv/Portals/0/GVIProductImages/350/SCC-931T.pdf