autolifeperth

Hikvision 7104NI-SL/W

Gday

I recently purchased a hikvision 7104NI-SL/W , so far all my hikvision wifi cameras are connecting and I can see the feed on the screen I have connected

I'm issue is that once the cameras are connected , they don't have access to the Internet , only the network

I'm using the built in wifi router and also have the nvr wired into the router , the router has given the nvr an IP address of 192.168 etc so it's clear the nvr can see the router , but it appears it can't access the Internet side of the router or it's not passing the net to the connected cameras

Upnp also connects ports automatically then 20 seconds later they come up as " inactive ".

Is there a trick to getting the nvr to have the Internet working on it ?

I need the ip cameras to access the net to send emails for motion notifications

Any help would be appreciated thanks

The only NVR with integrated wifi I have tried so far from Hikvision was quite a nightmare and had to be returned (DS-7108NI-E1/VW), and the same can be said for Dahua's (NVR4104-W). They are not ready for consumer use, firmware/software wise, and I think that the integrated AP they are using is junk.

If you want your wifi cams to have internet and be able to send emails, forget about the integrated wifi. and just use the unit as a wired NVR. Connect the cameras to your wifi, and add the cameras manually. If possible, even disable the wifi on the NVR. You will be able to get the NVR working from internet, but you won't have direct access to the cameras easily, and the cameras won't have direct internet connection (if you want to send emails on events, make the NVR send them).