Sign in to follow this  
dnide

CCTV System suggestion and quotation review.

Hi guys, first time poster here and hopefully a new regular member.

I use to do some CCTV installs back in 2005, but it's been a while and I'm seeing that a lot has changed since. I was hoping to get some opinions on a CCTV system quote (see below) that landed on my desk and possibly get some suggestions on what may be a better setup.

1x Bosch DIVAR IP7000 32-channel RAID video server w/ 16TB storage and built-in Dynamic Transcoder

4x Bosch DIVAR IP 8-channel expansion

4x Bosch 16-channel streaming video encoder

This is for an older hotel that has ~64 cameras that use coax and are home-ran into a single room. I was hoping to update, over a period of time, the cameras to HD cameras, but I'm not really looking to convert them over to IP (due to the expense and effort setting them up when they go down).

What do you guys thing? The system quoted looks great and I'm sure it'll run just fine, but it seems to be an overkill for a property that doesn't really rely on it's CCTV system other than the occasional viewing of video when needed.

Any suggestions on another setup would greatly be appreciated.

This is for an older hotel that has ~64 cameras that use coax and are home-ran into a single room. I was hoping to update, over a period of time, the cameras to HD cameras, but I'm not really looking to convert them over to IP (due to the expense and effort setting them up when they go down).

If the coax cabling is good quality and set up correctly, I would stick to one of the solutions of HD video over coax: HDTVI, HDCVI or AHD.

If the current installation is good, you could just switch DVRs and cameras, and change everything to a 1920x1080 system.

If the coax cabling is good quality and set up correctly, I would stick to one of the solutions of HD video over coax: HDTVI, HDCVI or AHD.

If the current installation is good, you could just switch DVRs and cameras, and change everything to a 1920x1080 system.

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any suggestions on any CCTV DVR's that can support 64 cameras?

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any suggestions on any CCTV DVR's that can support 64 cameras?

I don't think I have never seen a standalone with 64ch.

There are some 24 and 32ch units, but they are hard to find, and expensive (siunce they are the higher end models). But if you are looking for 64ch in HD, whatever system you go for I think your best bet is to use 4x16ch units. Unless budget is not a problem, in which case you would probably be replacing all the cable with UTP and going for a IP based system/cameras.

There are some 24 and 32ch units, but they are hard to find, and expensive (siunce they are the higher end models). But if you are looking for 64ch in HD, whatever system you go for I think your best bet is to use 4x16ch units. Unless budget is not a problem, in which case you would probably be replacing all the cable with UTP and going for a IP based system/cameras.

Thanks for your suggestions mate.