Sign in to follow this  
lortech

So need a secturity camera system for our property.

I am mostly involved in installing networks inside retail space but little to do with cctv cameras..mostly though did lots of people counters.

Some one took a baseball bat to my roommates car. So not diverting from what happened to his car lets discuss ways to illuminate the parking space and put cameras on it. The parking space is 70 feet long and 10 feet deep. It is next to the road we are at a dead end road with almost zero traffic. I would like to flood the area with a solar powered LED flood lamp and also have cctv cameras monitor the parking spots. Want a audible alarm to go off with live cctv footage of what is going on around the vehicle.

Can some one recommend a flood lamp that can turn on with motion around the vehicles? The road is next to the vehicles. Can cctv zones be delayed so, a passing car is does not set off the Audible Alarm ?

Also, can readily made steel poles be purchased locally say in Vancouver BC so I do not have to fabricate a camera pole?

Thanks much

Solar powered and good flood light just don't go together. Solar powered flood lights do exist, but they just wont be anywhere near as good as a traditional flood light using hardwired electricity. Can you install flood lights near where you would mount your camera? Cameras can be set to ignore motion in certain areas. You can also change the sensitivity to motion in different areas. You should be able to find some type of pole at any home improvement type place. Electrical conduit, fence pole, steel tubing, etc.