Sign in to follow this  
jweaver

Does the Hikvision DS-7208HQHI support all IP cameras?

My CCTV project is growning,. Its gone from 6 to 7 camers and now 9 as i want to cover my garage too.

I accepted that to do this, i would need 1xIP camera and consider several options. But in the end, i extended my LAN to my garage using homeplugs and will now get 2 x IP cameras to cover the inside and outside of the garage.

Problem is, i know nothing about IP cameras and dont even know where to start.. Are all IP cameras compatible with the Hikvisions DVRs? I assume I am limited to 1080p, so no point in buying a 3-4 MP version...

Is there anything i need to look for, or consider when choosing these IP cameras.

jon

DS-7208HQHI supports 8 HDTVI cameras and 2 IP cameras.

I get that.. But i think you missed my question. Can ANY IP camera connect to the 7208, or does it have to be a certain standard?

I get that.. But i think you missed my question. Can ANY IP camera connect to the 7208, or does it have to be a certain standard?

It has to be a Hikvision IP camera, it does not support third parties.

No way? I didnt realise that. Glad i asked now, as i assumed ALL IP cameras were supported.. This has just upped my bidget as Hikvision IP cameras arnt cheap.

Edit. Actually, they arnt as expensive as i thought.. The DS-2CD2035-I is about £60-£70

No way? I didnt realise that. Glad i asked now, as i assumed ALL IP cameras were supported.. This has just upped my bidget as Hikvision IP cameras arnt cheap.

Edit. Actually, they arnt as expensive as i thought.. The DS-2CD2035-I is about £60-£70

Hi. That is a out of date camera .... No updates

Generally DS-2CD2035-I supports ONVIF protocol completely, the specification will show it clearly. it means

any brands of cameras which supports ONVIF standard can be integrated.You can add my skype for further discussion if interested in